Saturday, December 17, 2005

An Email Home

For the record ... I take a great deal of pride in knowing that I am an American soldier. I have not forgotten dark morning hours of 11 SEP 2001. This past weekend I was watching ESPN and they had a special about the World Series that took place right after the Attacks. It showed the president going to NY to throw out the first pitch and it showed Americans in the crowd still weeping over the loses of their slain friends and loved ones. The thought of it all, over three yrs later, still jerks the tears from my eyes. Although I did not personally know anyone who was killed on 9/11, I mourn their loss. I do know soldiers who have been killed in this war, some of them very well. I pledge, just as I did three years ago, to avenge all their deaths. I joined the Army right after 9/11. It has taken all this time to train but now I am ready to fight, and fight I will. I could think of no better way at no better time to serve not just my country but all of you as well.

"Every man's death diminishes me, for I am a part of mankind, and therefore send not to know for whom the bell tolls ... It tolls for thee"

2nd Liet. J. H.
{a note my son sent home about a year ago as he was finishing up his officer's training at Ft. Knox. I'm proud of you, son.}
Trackback to Open Trackback Weekend
Caos Blog Stop The ACLU The Right Nation