Monday, December 12, 2005

Wow!

Being new to the Blogsphere, I have been lurking around looking to see what is out there. I have gone from site to site, had one idea and then another, started to join one group, then a blogroll, the got sidetracked onto a carnival. I went to see how the blogrolls were done and then found myself reading the blogs. I somehow stumbled upon carnivals and went to figure out how that is done and started reading blogs. Then I thought I should post links to the ones that were interesting, but lost track of where I had read what. WOW! There's a lot out there! I had no idea how intricate and intertwined the blog system is. Depressingly, I really am an insignificant microbe in the bigger scheme of the blogdom. Sigh. It's going to take me a while to get up to speed. That's obvious. The Median Sib has a referenced a post on Blogger Etiquette 101 on Ramblings and Rhetoric. Considering my current state of confusion, this post may be particularly helpful! A few things I found interesting AND can remember where they were: Daddy's Roses has an interesting post about the Young Brain with suggestions on keeping the brain sharp. Something I obviously need to take to heart. As the mother of an American Soldier, I took particular interest in a reference to an attempt to mute a blog by a female soldier. Cao has requested a blog burst in support of A Female Soldier 2 who has been the victim of hackers and attacks in an effort to prevent her posting. While this post is a couple of weeks old, our support and encouragement are still worthwhile. Please take a moment to offer a word of encouragement for her efforts. As per Cao's blog, this problem was brought to her attention by The Right Place. A Female Solder 2 has had these sorts of comments made in response to her posts:

"This war is wrong and, because you are taking an active part in it, you are partly responsible for the deaths (both US and Iraqi)."

This is inexcusable. I hate to think an American would write something like that to one of our soldiers! None of our sons or daughters who are serving OUR country deserve to be demeaned, blamed and harrassed in this way. I hope you'll take the time to visit her blog and give her some encouragement. Thanks