Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Grandfather Clocks are Great!

grandfather clockI have never had a grandfather clock anywhere I've lived. I don't know why. I love them. I think they add personality and charm to any home, but we've moved around a lot and for whatever reason I've never gotten one. I guess I was afraid to move it. Plus, I kind of had the idea in my head that they were all pretty much alike. That's just not true, there are a ton of grandfather clock options. The variety in styles, chines and tunes is almost staggering.

Most of the one's I've seen in other people's houses are the traditional ones that we all think of when we think of grandfather clocks. Who says that grandfather clocks are all the same? I have found a website with the most beautiful grandfather clocks of all shapes and sizes. They don't just have grandfather clocks, they have Grandfather Clocks, Wall Clocks, Mantel Clocks and more.

I love the one featured to the right. It is part of the Howard Miller Triple Chime Grandfather Clock line at 1-800-4Clocks.com. If you click on the image to the right you can go to the larger image and see the beautiful Tuscany Cherry wood grain and delicate carvings in the wood. If (WHEN!) I buy one, I think that will be the one I get. I already have a place for it. It'll go right inside my front door in the front foyer so it'll be seen as soon as someone comes into the house.

This is just one grandfather clock in a huge selection of beautiful clocks of all kinds. You can shop by brand or type of clock. Their inventory includes wall clocks, mantle clocks. It also includes Howard Miller, Bulova, Ridgeway, Kieninger, Seth Thomas and more. Whether your style is classic, traditional or ultra modern, you can find it at 1-800-4Clocks.com. Also, check out their blog at www.GrandfatherClocksBlog.com.